Applying for small business grants in the state of New Hampshire
There is a lot of talk about the fact that these days there are a number of grants that are available for the small business. This is not entirely true. There are small business grants given by every state with the help of federal organizations, however, they are not in a very generous number as it is usually stated. The number of these grants is quite limited and only those small business are preferred that are working in those sectors that the state wants to promote. Now these are different for every state so what might work in one state, might not work in the other state. Things that you should be doing in order to make sure that you have a strong enough chance to get the grant are:
- Have a strong and well planned business plan. This is the key factor that is going to play its role. The strategic planning should be visible which is going to show your long term planning.
- Have all your required documents prepared that you will need to present to the grant allotting body.
- Make sure that all your finances are in good shape. Any ambiguity in your finance is going to cut your chances of securing the grant.
In the state of New Hampshire the areas that are preferred are the following:
- The education sector is a very important areas and the state gives the grants whole heartedly to those working in this sector.
- Another area that is given a lot of importance in this state is the minorities. Those working of the minorities or giving them opportunities have a very good chance of securing a grant.
- Women are also able to get a grant very easily for their small business ventures.
The following centers can be contacted to get all the needed details:
NH SBDC, UNH Whittemore School of Business and Economics,
110 McConnell Hall, Durham,
NH 03824, 603-862-2200
MBDA Chicago Regional Office