How to apply for a Small Business Grants in Hawaii
The federal government tries to encourage the development of investments that are largely businesses and the state of Hawaii offers several options for entrepreneurs to finance their businesses either in the initial or development phases. As a business entrepreneur one may obtain loans, small business grants and other investment funds. It’s important to know the steps to follow when one is looking to fund their business via funds.
- The first step is to learn as much as possible about the available grants, one may then select a grant based on popularity and the association it has in a given particular industry.
- The second step is to put the business idea in action by identifying and documenting the business objectives and goals.
- The third step happens to be applying for the business grants and the entrepreneur needs to provide as much information to the grant offering authority to secure the funding.
Different grants for business in Hawaii may require different information presentation for the entrepreneur to be offered the grant such as a business model, plan or even generated or projected profits documentation. Programs such as the SBIR (small business innovation research program) may request the entrepreneur their business’ model before granting them any findings. The important points that one needs to know of the grants offered by the state include;
- Retail, housing and construction sectors are on the back burner.
- The food, energy, security and small business support is favored with recent grants.
- HSDC will aid in introducing participants rather than choosing the individuals awarded the grants.
There are several contacts that one should consult before applying for a business grant to ascertain the grants validity as well as get information on the grants. Some popular contacts may include;
Small Business Association
Hawaii District Office
500 Ala Moana Blvd. Suite 1-306
Honolulu, HI 96850
State of Hawaii
201 Merchant St, Suite 1805
Honolulu, HI 96813
Hawaii Strategic Development Corporation (HSDC)
No. 1 Capitol District Building
250 South Hotel Street, Suite 508
Honolulu, HI 96813,P.O. Box 2359
Honolulu, Hawaii 96804