How to get Small Business Grants in Delaware State
To set up a new business in any location is not easy. However, this is made easy to some extent in Delaware that offers grants for small businesses in Delaware. This has made the people there more satisfied. However, you have to follow some procedures in order to get the grant and start your business successfully.
- Decide business entity kind- select the kind of organization that you wish to from corporation, sole proprietorship, partnership or limited liability Company.
- Register with the office- according to the law, one has to register its business at the local county office. You need to do this registration separately in each county. Prior to registration, see to it that whatever name you have selected for your business is not in use.
- Decide if you have employees- if you determine to run your business as a partner or sole proprietorship, then you are not an employee. However, if you determine to keep employees you will have to register at Division of revenue, Dept. of IRS and Labor.
- Satisfy license requirements a local zoning- prior to setting up a new business, contact the planning office or local zoning. They will decide if your act is allowed at the selected destination.
- Contact other state agencies- if you need help to determine what permits are needed, then oyu can contact Development Advisory services (DAS). A brief discussion with DAS would help you understand permits needed, standards required to be met and process to follow.
Delaware Small Business Center
Clinton Tymes, State Director
1 Innovation Way, Ste. 301
Newark, DE 19711
Delaware state University
146 S. Governors Ave.
Dover, DE 19904
Delaware Technical and Community College
103 W. Pine Street
Georgetown, DE 19947.